Superintendent's Message to North Beach School District Community
November 2, 2022
Dear North Beach School District Community,
I wanted to let you know that I have made the decision to not apply for the 2023-24 Superintendent position. I will be leaving my current position as Interim Superintendent/Special Services Director on June 30, 2023. It's important to me that you hear this from me personally.
My decision not to apply reflects my interest in focusing on teaching and learning and supporting new teachers. My current position does not allow me to do as much of this work as I would like.
When the board approached me for the Superintendent position, I requested that it be a one-year interim position. It was very important to me to ease anxiety about who will lead the district. We had several changes to put in place for the 2022-23 school year:
- Implementing rigorous back-to-school professional development for staff
- Hiring two vacant principal positions.
- Establishing a multi-tier support system (MTSS)
- Updating District safety plans
- Piloting a new curriculum for our elementary school
- Re-organizing the district office to operate with one less administrator. Doing so allowed us to avoid staffing reductions due to lower projected enrollment.
I am confident that we have made, and will continue to make, significant progress in each of these areas.
The process of selecting a new superintendent has begun. Our board is exploring their options. We expect to post the position soon. Our goal is to select the new Superintendent early next year. I look forward to supporting a smooth transition to the new leadership.
In the meantime, we will continue to work as a team, using our data to drive our instruction. I am confident the systems and supports that we have begun to establish will last and only improve throughout this transition. The thoughtful and student-focused work of the District will continue.
Angela Lyte Crowther, Ed. D. (Dr.ALC)