COVID-19 Vaccine Information
North Beach School District is no longer offering COVID-19 vaccinations. Anyone interested in getting the COVID-19 vaccination is encouraged to contact their healthcare provider, who may offer the vaccinations. Other locations continuing to offer COVID-19 vaccinations include Seamar of Aberdeen and Ocean Shores, Safeway, Rite-Aid, Summit Pacific Medical Center.
Any student ages 12-17 must have a parental consent signed. All people need to complete a vaccination checklist.
Information About the COVID-19 Vaccination and Kids 12 and Up
In Washington State, children ages 5years and older can now get vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was approved by the federal government for children as young as 5. The Pfizer vaccine is safe and effective. Just like adults, children may experience some common side effects for 1 to 3 days after vaccination, including sore arm, tiredness, or headache. If you have questions or concerns about COVID-19 vaccination, we suggest talking with your health care provider.
The Department of Health and North Beach School District recommend eligible children get vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible so they can return to normal activities such as in-person learning, sports, and visiting friends.
- Children ages 12-17 can only get the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The other two vaccines in the U.S. are only available for ages 18 and older.
- The Pfizer vaccine is given in two doses, spaced at least three weeks apart.
- Check with the vaccination site on how you will need to provide consent for vaccinating a minor.
- Follow the vaccination site rules for protecting yourself and others.
- In most cases, children can receive other required vaccines the same day as their COVID vaccination. This supports families who need to catch up on immunizations for the next school year.
To prepare for the next school year, we encourage parents to schedule wellness visits with their health care provider early. Because required school vaccinations must be spaced at least two weeks apart from COVID-19 vaccination, we encourage parents/guardians to plan accordingly if their child needs additional vaccines. Check what vaccines your child may be missing at wa.MyIR.net.